Tuesday 11 June 2013

Taking over


Location: Bergsjön - Gothenburg
Camera:  Nikon D40X 55mm Lens
Filter: A easy warmth increase filter and a vignetting filter.

About the photograph: 
Taken at low exposure to capture more of the light coming between the trees, slight correction of the tilt was made as the tripod used had to stand in water and was slightly tilted due to uneven ground.
I used two filters to create the feeling of the photograph, one which increases the warmth of the photograph with a slight yellow tone to it and a vignetting filter to create the black "frame" around the edges to make the center of the photograph more focused.
About the area: The little stream is leading down to a area called The French Lake which is located only a short walk away from the local lake called Bergsjön lake which is a hot spot during the warm summer days when people in the area wish to take a cold swim in a mountain located lake.
The french lake is not man made but more of a sub-lake of the main one which been created by water collected from small stream such as the one in the photograph flowing from the main lake.

Personal thought:I been in love with the location since I moved to the area and found it during a little stroll across the mountain side, it's not often visited and the forest is slowly taking over and claiming the land back, hence why the name I guess, it was given a bit on the  run. 
The day of the photograph it was a heavy storm in the area and the forest had a gloomy feeling, the sun broke trough though and gave it a slight warm touch where it landed and I wished to capture it as good as I could and therefor used my home made filter.
All in all, I like the photograph but wish I had more time to take some better ones and I guess another trip to the area wouldn't hurt.


No comments:

Post a Comment